Elderly about change
The details of the "Seniors about change" project
1. In each village that wants to cooperate in this project should be found somebody who is willing to organize, coordinate and accompany the group of seniors.
2. In all villages the group of seniors meet. The Wijk aan Zee seniorgroup will start in January 2009 with the issue "Change".
3. The discussion will be focused on the issue change.
4. We also count that these coordinators on June 8th -10th 2009 come to Wijk aan Zee for the first international meeting to come and see how it works.
5. Each village will live towards an international conference with one other village.
6. This exchange will be prepared in advance by e mail. The groups will be in contact with each other about the issue.
7. There will be 6 international conferences. Every group will meet one other group on one conference.
8. For these international conferences is a budget and an allowance for the travel costs.
9. These conferences should be held before the summer of 2010.
10. Participants at the conference will be 10-15 elderly people from two villages. The host village and the guest village. The budget will have for 23 persons money for travelling. That means that each international conference may invite min. 8 persons from abroad.
11. After a conference the report of what happened will be put on the cultural-village website. So the project on the website becomes visible.
12. On the conferences the native language will be used.
13. The end result will be part of the conclusions of 12 years of Cultural Village of Europe.
14. Het Noord Hollands Dagblad (regional daily newspaper is interested in the project. They want to follow the project and publish the results. If we will come to stories told by people, they would like to make a book of these stories.
15. They want the addresses of all regional newspapers of the twelve villages in order to organize a cooperation between these newspapers in this project.